As Seen on ABC
Lets give the traditional a little awakening.
- 1 1/2 pounds of sausage (remove sausage meat from casing )
- 1 1/2 pounds of chicken breast ( sliced into bite size )
- 2 large onions ( sliced thin)
- 3 large red bell peppers ( sliced thin)
- 4 large tomato ( cut small )
- 4-5 jalapeños ( cut small )
- Good handful of chopped cilantro
- Olive oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar ( more or less )
- 2 tablespoons of butter(optional)
Chef note: Do not use a non stick pan , you need to "deglaze " ( the pan needs to " lightly burn" on the bottom in the end of sautéing so the vinegar can "clean up" the bottom).
In a large frying pan add a good splash of olive oil and add all ingredients except the tomato, cilantro, butter and vinegar.
Sauté on med heat until all the ingredients are well cooked and allow the liquid of the onions and meats to evaporate completely and continue cooking to brown the bottom of pan).
Keep the flame on high heat and immediately pour the vinegar , allow to evaporate by stirring constantly. Once liquids evaporates shut off the flame add butter and stir. Put aside.
Toast the taco shells and stuff. Top with fresh cut tomato and sliced cilantro.